Adopt a Park
Imagine a park with your group's name on it. It is possible. All your group has to do is adopt a park in your neighbourhood. The Adopt-a-Park program encourages individual residents, families, businesses, schools and community groups to become actively involved in their local green spaces. The program promotes community pride through the clean up of litter, community plantings and additional volunteer work to keep our lands clean and green. A minimum of two cleanups a year makes you eligible to Adopt-A-Park.
As an Adopt-A-Park partner, your group will:
- acts as park ambassadors
- keeps your designated park free of litter
- reports any vandalism
- regularly visit your park to monitor its upkeep and report maintenance requirements to 905.415.7535.
In return for your partnership, your group gets:
- a sign with your group's name on it acknowledging your efforts
- enjoyment from great natural areas in Markham
- the satisfaction of knowing your group is helping to keep our environment clean
- appreciation from local residents, Markham staff and Markham Council
This includes Guidelines, Responsibilities and the Adopt-A-Park, Event Request and Photo Release Forms.