Severe Rain & Wind
If severe rain and wind events are forecast:
- Clean up leaves and yard waste that are piled up in ditches, sidewalks and catch basins in front of your home.
- If you see large debris on the roadway please call 905.477.5530 to have City workers remove and dispose of it in a safe manner.
- Clean out your eaves troughs.
- Keep children and pets away from flooded areas or high-level waterways.
- Drive with extra caution during heavy rain.
- In the event of high winds, take extra care to secure your waste items at the curb on collection day.
- As a precaution, identify potential home hazards and know how to secure or protect them before a flood may occur. Be prepared to turn off electrical power when there’s standing water.
- Turn off gas and water supplies before you evacuate.
- If you experience basement flooding, call 905.477.5530 so the incident can be recorded. Take note whether the flooding is a result of a sewer surcharge or surface flooding.