SPRING HAS SPRUNG!
As you get your yard and garden ready for the season,we have some tips to help you dispose of some common items you may be using for your outdoor transformations!
||DISPOSE OF THESE ITEMS HERE
|Plastic Flower Pots and Plant Trays
||Blue Box Recycling
|Peat and Fibre Flower Pots
||Leaf and Yard Waste Bag
|Grass Seed Bags
|Clear Bag Garbage
||No Curbside Collection — Please leave grass clippings on your lawn as a natural fertilizer and to help soil retain water to promote root growth and a healthy lawn.
For a list of other common items you may need to dispose of as you prep your gardens and lawns, Click Here.
ELIMINATE BLUE BOX CONTAMINATION
- Keep organic waste and garbage out of the blue box! Check out the What Goes Where search tool!
- NEVER bag recyclables — they must be kept loose for curbside pick-up, processing and resale.
- Switch to a larger blue box.
- Keep materials below the rim. Don't overload your blue box.
Markham Recycling Depots are open with COVID-19 health and safety measures in place.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- FURNACE FILTERS go in Clear Bag Garbage. Check out the What Goes Where search tool!
- Keep our collectors safe! Masks, gloves, tissues and wipes go in your clear bag garbage. Do not place these items in your blue box. For the health and safety of our front line staff, bins containing these items will be left behind.
- Markham is breaking free from Single-use Plastics! Styrofoam Packaging is no longer collected at the curb, drop it off at any Markham Recycling Depot where it is collected for proper recycling.