- Use small grocery bags. Then, empty the material into a larger bag.
- Keep recyclables separate from other waste. You can use the blue tinted bag we provide. Most litter is recyclable! You can recycle coffee cups, aluminum cans, and paper products.
- Place garbage in the clear bags we give you. We won't collect tinted or dark bags.
- Drop off recyclable materials like tires and scrap metal at any Markham's Recycling Depot.
- Wear appropriate and protective clothes.
- If you're near a road, always watch for vehicles.
- Leave leaves, twigs, and plants on the ground.
- Don't step on spring plants that may just be starting to grow. These include shrubs, bulbs, and flowers.
- Don't pick up dangerous items like needles. You can call 905.477.5530 to report these items. You can also use the "Report a Problem" function on the Access Markham mobile app.