- What time do I need to have my items out on my collection day?
All items should be placed at your curb by 7 AM on your collection date.
- What should I do with my old computer or TV?
As of January 2013, unwanted electronics will no longer be accepted at the curb for disposal. Take them to the Household Hazardous Waste & Electronics Recycling Depot on Rodick Road just south of Miller Avenue.
- Can batteries go in the garbage?
As of January 2013, household batteries will no longer be accepted at the curb for disposal. Take them to any Markham Recycling Depot or the Household Hazardous Waste & Electronics Recycling Depot on Rodick Road just south of Miller Avenue.
- How do I dispose of confidential papers/bills?
Confidential papers/ bills and shredded paper go in the Green Bin.
- Where do I put my bins when it snows?
Place your material at the end of your driveway. Do not place on top or behind snow banks.
- When can I do a one-time clean up of unwanted materials like scrap metal and bulky items?
Spring and Fall Clean Up Days (formerly No Tag Days) are in May and September. Please follow the Waste Collection Schedule for your area.