- How do I dispose of pet waste?
Pet Waste and kitty litter can be placed in your Green Bin.
- How do I set out additional organic material when it will not fit in my Green Bin?
If you have too much organic material for your Green Bin, you can put overflow organics at the curb in a clear plastic bag. You can also buy another Green Bin at any Markham Recycling Depot.
- When is my Green Bin picked up?
Green Bins are collected every week on your regular collection day. Please follow the Waste Collection Schedule for your area. My Green Bin is damaged.
- Can it be replaced?
Broken or damaged Green Bins can be exchanged at any Markham Recycling Depot.
- Should I take my Green Bin with me when I move?
No. Green Bins stay with the house when you leave.
- Where do I get a Green Bin?
Green Bins can be purchased at Markham's Recycling Depots, and at the Angus Glen, Thornhill, Centennial and Milliken Mills Community Centres.