Tips for Superintendents & Property Managers
- Markham collects garbage and recycling weekly.
- The City is working to collect organics in all buildings.
- Garbage and organics are collected every Wednesday. Recycling is collected every Tuesday.
- Please have your bins out for collection by 7 AM on the day of collection
- If your bins are blocked or your bins are not out, our contractor does not have to return until the next week.
- Collection days can be affected by holidays. If a statutory holiday lands on a collection day, please call us at 905.477.5530.
- You can't have vehicles, snow, ice, or other obstructions in the way of your garbage and recycling.
Ministry of the Environment Regulations
The Province of Ontario has set recycling rules for apartment buildings. If you own a building with six or more dwelling units, you must have a recycling program in place for your residents. This rule can be found under regulation 103/94. For more information, please visit www.e-laws.gov.on.ca.
If your apartment building does not have a recycling program, we would like to speak to you. Please call us at 905.477.5530.