The City of Markham collects blue box material every week on your regular collection day. Put clean materials in your blue box loosely. Don't put them in bags.
You need to put your blue box at your curb by 7 AM on your collection day. Or, you can put it at the curb after 7 PM the night before.
Masks, gloves & wipes go in clear bag garbage. DO NOT put in your blue box!
Reduce wind-blown litter from your blue box!
- Put your blue box out in the morning of your collection day, not the night before
- Don't overload; keep material below the rim
- Bundle newspapers and place on top of the lighter items
- Flatten small cardboard boxes (e.g. cereal, tissue boxes)
- Write your address on your blue boxes in permanent marker — this makes it easier for them to be returned if they blow away
- Reminder: Do not bag recyclables; material must be loose in your blue box. Plastic bags are not accepted in the blue box — use to line your green bin or kitchen container