Make the most of your green bin!
- Write your address on your green bin with a permanent marker. This will make it easier for someone to return it to you if it blows away.
- Any plastic bag can be used to line your small kitchen container. Just tie the bag when it’s full and put it into your green bin.
- Extra organic material can be put in a clear bag and placed beside your green bin at the curb.
- Your green bin must weigh less than 18 kilograms
- Yard material and grass clippings do not go in the green bin. Mulch the grass and leave it on the lawn.
Keep Critters Away!
- Never use hot sauce or any kind of burning liquid in your green bin. This can injure our collection crews, pets, and wildlife.
- Clean your green bin regularly with vinegar or baking soda.
- Freeze food scraps to reduce odours and pests.
- Keep the container lid tightly closed and do not overfill.
- Try not to put your green bin out at night. Set it at the curb by 7 AM on the morning of your collection day.