Recycling Depots & Drop Off Centres
HEAT ALERT: Markham Village location will be closed at 3PM today (July 10) due to extreme heat.
Restrictions and safety measures related to COVID-19 remain in effect which will create longer wait times. Due to a high volume of visitors, please plan to be in the vehicle lineup 30-45 minutes prior to depot closing times. Thank you for your patience.
What You Need to Know Before You Go
Visitors will be asked COVID-19 screening questions before entering
- A maximum of two (2) visitors allowed in the facility at a time – longer wait times may occur
- Visitors are asked to keep their distance from others (2 metres/6 feet)
- Attendants will not assist with unloading items from visitors’ vehicles
- Consider holding onto items longer to limit your visits
- Upon arrival, please follow instructional signage
- Visitors are required to enter a vehicle lineup. (May close more than 30 minutes before depot closing).
- You must remain in your vehicle until directed by attendants
- Visitors will be required to enter and exit through specific doors
- When exiting the depot, you must use hand sanitizer and directly return to your vehicle
More Info to Know:
- Green bins and blue boxes are also available for purchase at local home stores such as Home Depot, Rona, Walmart and Home Hardware. Note; only Markham-branded bins that are broken can be exchanged.
- Compact fluorescent lightbulbs, household batteries can be dropped at Markham Household Hazardous Waste Depot.
- Tires can be taken back to retailers and garages — find a collection site for your tires
- Large cardboard can be broken down, securely bundled and place beside your blue box for weekly curbside collection
- Scrap metal items are collected monthly – call 905.477.5530 to book an appointment
- York Region Community Environmental Centres are now accepting tires, cardboard and blue box recyclables – find out more about York Region Community Environmental