We won't pick up:
- Grass/thatch clippings
- Animal droppings/carcasses
- Driveway/road sweepings
- Tree stumps/root balls over 10 centimeters in diameter and over 18 kilograms
- Tree branches/brush larger than 15 centimetres in diameter or longer than 1.2 metres in length
Grass clippings are not accepted in clear bag garbage or yard material curbside. Feed your lawn with them instead! Here are some helpful tips:
- Raise the wheels of your mower to make grass clippings shorter. This means no bagging or raking!
- Attach a mulching blade to your lawnmower.
- Spreading grass clippings evenly over the lawn creates a natural fertilizer and keeps the weeds away!
- Add grass clippings to a backyard composter to create your own mulch.
- If necessary, take your grass clippings to the Bloomington Compost Site.