Backflow Prevention Online Services
- Instructions to Submit a Backflow Preventer Test & Inspection Report
- Instructions to Submit a Cross Connection Control Survey Report (PDF)
- Instructions to Submit a Device Upgrade Implementation Report (PDF)
List of Qualified Persons:
All Qualified Persons must register with the city before doing any backflow prevention work in Markham. The Qualified Person's registration is free. See the List of Qualified Persons [PDF] currently registered with the City.
Three type of reports are required by the Backflow Prevention Program
- Cross Connection Control Survey
- Backflow Preventer Testing and Inspection Report Form
- Device Upgrade Implementation Form
Link to the Backflow Prevention Program webpage.
Our Backflow Prevention Program intends to reduce the chance of water contamination through backflow incidents at cross connections. Please click on the link above to read more about our program.
Please Select Your Category
The personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001. The information collected will be used by the City of Markham to administer Markham’s Backflow Prevention Program and enforce the Backflow Prevention By-law #2012-27. Questions about this collection can be directed to the Environmental Services Department, City of Markham, 8100 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario, L6G 1B4, 905.475.4862, email@example.com.