image of a well-headThis is your water shut-off valve (also called a curb box or curb stop valve). A curb box is a round metal plate approximately 10 centimetres in diameter that is located in the front lawn, driveway or sidewalk of a property and is owned by the City. Please keep this valve accessible at all times. If you are resurfacing/excavating/landscaping your driveway, or front lawn, please call the Contact Centre at 905.477.5530 to have a Waterworks staff inspect the curb box prior to any work. This will ensure it remains operational.