Get to Know H2O – Water Education Program
Explore the World of Water Online!
Get to Know H2O is one of the City of Markham’s water education programs that is free and customizable to your students’ needs and grade level.
Explore the world of water with a trained professional from the classroom or the comfort of your own home.
Our program provides a general overview of Markham’s waterworks system, as well as background on the community’s role in efficiently using and protecting water resources.
We focus on:
- Drinking water and wastewater systems
- Markham’s water and wastewater systems
- Source water protection
- Water efficiency and conservation
- Impacts to freshwater ecosystems
- Global and local water issues
- Water policies and regulations
- Water infrastructure and climate change
Important information for educators and parents:
- Modified to accommodate audiences from kindergarten to grade 12
- Modeled to accompany Province of Ontario’s curriculum
- Customized to meet the needs of individual classrooms and educators
- Typically 45 minutes long, depending on the class’s learning level and interests
- Performed year-round
- Sign up to receive a live Get to Know H20 session or a pre-recorded session
- Sign up to receive a pre-recorded Get
to Know H20 session to watch from the comfort of your own home (individual live sessions not available)
- Speak to your children’s teacher and ask for a live Get to Know H20 session be presented to the class
Contact 416.936.2640 or