Building Investigation Request

Any concerns with maintenance of a particular property should be made directly with the City's By-law Enforcement and Licensing section at 905-479-7782.

All records are confidential. You may leave an anonymous request, however, we will not be able to provide you with the results of our investigation.

How to register a building investigation request

Prior to making the request you have the option to search our OPAL page to verify if a specific address has applied for, and/or obtained a permit.

Make your investigation request by any of the methods listed below. Please have ready the address of subject property and your reason or concern.

  • Phone: 905-475-4850
  • Fax: 905-479-7767
  • Postal Mail/In Person: City of Markham, Attention: Building Inspections, 101 Town Centre Boulevard, Markham, ON, L3R 9W3
  • On line: See form below

After your inquiry is registered with our office, a building inspector is sent to investigate the situation.

Where a building inspector finds construction at the subject property in violation of the Building Code Act, they will issue the property owner with an Order to Comply.

The building inspector will contact the person who made the inquiry with the initial results of the investigation.

This portlet is not configured, or the settings are incorrect. Use "Edit Shared Settings" to select an application, or contact your administrator for assistance.
Complementary Content