Community Event Calendar Posting Policy
The City of Markham Community Event Calendar is intended to include special community events that are open to the general public and support the concept of community involvement.
Guidelines for Community Event Postings
- Public Events: All events must be open to the public. Invitation/member-only events will not be accepted.
- Location: Events must take place within the City of Markham or Region of York.
- Submission Criteria: Events should be open to the general public and generally fall under the following categories: recreation, fairs & festivals, community events (movie nights, musical performances, theatre), free events, farmers markets, history & heritage, kids & family, museums, culture, science & nature, and visual arts.
- Submission Process: All events will be reviewed and, if accepted, posted within 5-10 business days. The City of Markham reserves the right to accept, revise, reject or cancel, in whole or in part, any event at its discretion. Please contact the calendar administrator if you have questions about these guidelines or the event submission process.
The City will not post events that are:
- Commercial in nature and, in the City's sole opinion, are attempting to advertise, promote or sell products or services of an individual or an individual business unless a City sponsored or sanctioned event;
- Discriminatory to any individual or group;
- Fundraising events unless they are for registered charities, non-profit organizations;
- Regularly scheduled events for an organization;
- Events that are conflict with any applicable laws, City By-laws or policies.
Please note that the required city permits for community events are not associated with the posting of an event to the Website. Please email Special Events Coordinator at email@example.com to inquire about the necessary permits for your events.
The City of Markham Community Event Calendar is provided as a community service to Markham citizens and community organizations. Though the calendar is moderated for posting acceptable events, the City of Markham does not endorse nor verify the information included.
The City of Markham is not responsible for the accuracy of event postings and it is the responsibility of the organizer to inform the City of Markham of changes to the information submitted. All additions and corrections should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City reserves the right to reject any calendar entry which does not comply with this policy.