Curb Modification Application

You need a permit to make changes to a curb near your property. You may not modify a curb on your own – the City of Markham must be involved.

Curbs are concrete barriers that demarcate the edges of urban roads. A “curb cut” is the part of the curb that is lower, or depressed. Curb cuts make it easier for cars to cross a curb, such as into a driveway. If you want to change the curb by widening or creating a new curb cut, you need a permit.

We charge a fee for curb modifications. The fee covers a site inspection and an assessment of which changes you can make.

To find out the size of changes you can make, please read By-law 158-93.

If you have questions, please e-mail Please put Curb Modification in the subject line of the e-mail.

This portlet is not configured, or the settings are incorrect. Use "Edit Shared Settings" to select an application, or contact your administrator for assistance.
Complementary Content