Marriage Licence Application
To help break the chain of transmission of COVID-19 the City of Markham will only issue marriage licences to fulfill an URGENT requirement or on a compassionate basis only. This is done by appointment only by calling 905-477-7000 ext 2366 Monday to Friday between 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
The marriage licence is valid for 90 days (this legislation has not changed).
Complete the online Marriage Licence Application by following these easy steps:
- Enter the necessary information
- Step 1: Enter the intended place and date of marriage
- Step 2: Enter first applicant’s information
- Step 3: Enter second applicant’s information
- Step 4: Review the application
- Step 5: Submit the application
- Step 6: Pay the Marriage Licence Fee ($166.50)
- Print Completed Application Form (This will be included as a PDF attachment in the payment receipt emailed to you)
- Sign and date the application (Both applicants)
The completed application must be submitted in person to the Clerk’s Department at the City of Markham by both or one of the applicants with the required supporting documents for both (See all requirements to obtain a marriage licence, including identification & divorce requirements). The marriage licence will be processed while you wait.