You cannot park on Markham streets between the hours of 2:30 AM and 6 AM. You can only park on the street if signs tell you that it is allowed, or there is a parking permit program in place. You will be fined $50 for breaking these rules.
The City can make exceptions for driveway repairs and out of town overnight guests.
Remember, a parking exemption won't stop you from getting a ticket or being towed if your vehicle blocks snow clearing or road maintenance. You will be fined $150 for blocking or interfering with snow removal.
We do not make exemptions during bad weather. There are also no exemptions for:
- Commercial vehicles
- School buses
- Recreational vehicles
- Un-plated vehicles
- Multiple offenders with parking infractions that have not been paid
- People with more than 5 exemptions per plate in one year.
You need a road occupancy permit for dumpsters and container bins.
To get an exemption, you’ll need to fill out the form below with this information:
- Phone Number
- Vehicle License Plate Number and Province/State (this data must be accurate)
- Length of time
- We need to receive overnight exemption requests before 1 AM
- Please make sure that all your information is accurate. You can get an infraction if you’re not accurate.
- Even if your plate number was not entered accurately, your infraction is still valid.
- You will get an e-mail confirmation if you have applied for an exemption correctly.
- Markham has a Winter Parking Safety Program. During winter, residents can only park on the odd-numbered side of residential streets during the day. You can only park on the other side of the road if signs allow it.