Renewable Energy Feed-In-Tariff (FIT) Project Application
Welcome to the City of Markham's application form to request for municipal support for renewable energy Feed-in Tariff project applications to the Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO).
There are two options for obtaining municipal support for your FIT 5.0 project(s); details for the options are outlined below.
- Option 1 – New Resolution and Confirmation: For projects that have never received a municipal Council Resolution from the City of Markham, please complete the online form at the bottom of the webpage. Administration fee for this option is $2,450* plus HST and is payable online by credit card after the completion of the form. After payment you will receive a confirmation number.
- Option 2 – Reissuing a Resolution and Confirmation: For projects that have previously received a municipal Council Resolution and Confirmation during the FIT 2.1, 3.0 and/or 4.0 window. Please call 905.477.7000 extension 2368 for more information on processing for a reissue. Administration fee for this option is $1,000* plus HST and is payable by mail-in cheque.
Solar photovoltaic rooftop projects seeking municipal support will receive automatic support provided that they meet the following conditions:
- Less than or equal to 500 kilowatt;
- Have non-reflective coated panels;
- Are not constructed on properties on the Markham Register of Property of Cultural Heritage Value or Interest (unless prior support has been obtained from Heritage staff and the Heritage Markham Committee);
- And have been reviewed by City staff for good aesthetic design and do not require a tree removal permit to prevent shading.
Projects that do not meet the criteria should complete the form below to begin the process to petition Council directly for support.
Please note: All approved applications will be brought forth to Council on October 17, November 1 and November 15, 2016.
We reserve the right to request for additional information where necessary.
*Application fees are subject to change at the discretion of the City of Markham.