You will need to pay a licence fee to use break open tickets. The licence fee is 3% of the total retail value of prizes. You need to submit a new application each renewal period.
Please read the Break Open Ticket Terms and Conditions.
Before you can sell break open tickets, your organization needs to have existed for at least twelve months. Also, lottery fundraising can’t be the only source of revenue.
To apply for a licence, please read the documents below and follow the instructions.
Break Open Ticket Licences Application Kit
- Requirements for Break Open Ticket Licence [PDF]
- Application to Manage and Conduct a Break Open Ticket Lottery [PDF]
- Questionnaire Respecting Application for Lottery Licence [PDF]
- Sale of Break Open Lottery Tickets - Declaration of Owner of Business [PDF]
- Sale of Break Open Lottery Tickets - Statement of Organization [PDF]
- Lottery Licensing Policy Schedule "1" [PDF]
If you have any questions, please contact the Licensing Officer at 905.477.7000 extension 2300.