An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. Older Adults and individuals with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting City of Markham facilities, you agree to comply with all posted City of Markham instructions and voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- It is recommended that your physician be consulted prior to the start of any physical activity.
- Facility hours of operation are subject to change.
- Rates are subject to change.
- Non-residents of the City of Markham may be required to pay a surcharge.
- To ensure the privacy of others, filming or photography is not permitted during registered programs and/or drop-in programming. Additionally, electronic devices are not permitted to be used in a change room and/or washroom.
- The City of Markham is committed to providing a safe and harassment-free environment, and to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion. Coarse language, physical, aggressive, disrespectful, or uncooperative behavior is not acceptable. If inappropriate behavior occurs, it will be recorded, reported, and may result in removal from the program and/or facility.
- Failure to co-operate with all rules and regulations may result in the suspension or revocation of program registration/membership and any associated booking privileges.
- No verbal agreement between any employee of the City of Markham and a client shall be binding.
- Punch Passes are valid for two years (730 days) from the date of purchase.
- The City of Markham is not responsible for any loss or theft of or damage to your property, however caused, in connection with the program and/or facility.
- Receipts and agreement will be emailed to you as a PDF. If you use an eReader, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an accessible format. The City of Markham will provide accessible formats and communication supports to accommodate the individual needs of persons with disabilities in order to access the document or information contained on this website.
- Terms and conditions are subject to change.
- Programs are listed online and in printed materials. The City of Markham makes every effort to provide accurate information, however, schedules and prices are subject to change.
- The City of Markham reserves the right to cancel or alter any program without notice, due to registration numbers, change of policy, or availability of instructors/facilities.
- The City of Markham reserves the right to cancel, amend, change, postpone or combine classes/activities.
- Program transfers, withdrawals and refunds shall be in accordance with the City of Markham’s Program Transfer, Withdrawal and Refund Policy. Account credits will be reimbursed to client by cheque only (approximately 4-6 weeks after approval), regardless of the original payment source (cheque or credit card). Credit balances that remain unused on a client’s account for two (2) years will be cleared. Visit Registration & Pre-Booking Information (markham.ca) for full details.
- Parents/guardians can provide written authorization to authorize individuals (at least sixteen (16) years of age) to sign their children in and out of camps and programs.
- Parents/guardians, or authorized individuals must accompany children to the program area to sign in and out of camps and programs. Parents / guardians can provide written authorization for children ten (10) years of age or older to sign themselves in and out of camps and programs.
- Children under ten (10) years of age do not need to be accompanied throughout the program, unless otherwise stated. However, the parent/guardian must remain in the main building for the duration of the program (programs in excess of two (2) consecutive hours excluded).
- Memberships are valid for the period indicated on the purchase receipt and/or the membership agreement
- Memberships may not be shared or transferred with anyone; it is for the sole use of the registered member.
- "Youth" refers to those individuals 14-17 years of age. Youth are required to participate in a consultation session prior to activating any membership that has access to the fitness centre.
- "Students" refer to any full-time student 18 years of age or older with presentation of a current student identification card.
- Hold requests for fitness memberships are subject to an administration fee and are offered in any duration from one month (30 days) to a maximum of three months (90 days) provided that the requested length does not exceed the remaining length of time left on the membership.
- Extensions for regularly scheduled and communicated shutdowns (e.g. annual maintenance) at a facility will not be considered when alternate locations for membership access are available.
- Clients must complete and sign a medical questionnaire before commencing personal training.
- Personal Trainer Packages of up to ten sessions expire six months (180 days) from the time of purchase. Packages of 11 or more sessions expire one year (365 days) from the time of purchase.
- There is a 25% cancellation fee applied to unused personal training sessions.
- Personal training sessions that are not rescheduled or cancelled twenty-four (24) hours in advance, will result in a forfeiture of the session.
- If a trainer cancels a session with less than 24 hours’ notice you will be entitled to that session as well as one extra session at no charge.
- The above cancellation policy applies to sessions where the member arrives 15 minutes late. The member will lose their session as well as the total individual session fee, unless a phone call is made at least 20 minutes prior to the scheduled session time indicating the member will be late. If a trainer is late for a session by 15 minutes or more, the cancellation policy applies.
- If you are purchasing sessions with another person, the above cancellation and lateness policies apply. All sessions must be paid separately prior to starting. If one of the members decides they do not wish to continue with the other partner, the remaining sessions will be honored at the price paid for individual sessions. Once sessions are completed the individual session price will apply to all further sessions.
- Packages of 1 or 10 sessions will expire 6 months from the time of purchase. If you purchase a package of 11 or more sessions, they will expire 12 months from the time of purchase.
- Clients who arrive late for a scheduled session, will only receive the remaining scheduled session time.
- Clients must verify completion of each personal training session.
- Every effort will be made to provide clients with a personal trainer of their choice. However, management reserves the right to substitute another qualified personal trainer if and when necessary.
- The primary account holder refers to the main user of a client account. The primary account holder has the sole authority to manage the client account, and to make changes to the client account, including modifying, adding or deleting profiles of family members.
Medical Authorization, Assumption of Risk & Release Agreement
As a condition of use of any city of Markham Facility of participation in any city of Markham program all participants (and parents/guardians of minor participants) (collectively, “participant”) agree to the terms of the city of Markham’s Medical Authorization, assumption of risk & release agreement” as set out below.
Participant gives permission and consent to have City of Markham staff administer or arrange for any emergency medical care, including hospitalization / transportation if necessary, and to the administration of such emergency medical treatments as may be deemed necessary in the circumstances. Participant is responsible for their own medical coverage/costs.
Assumption of Risk & Release
Participant recognizes that participation in the program/activity may include a risk to health or a risk of injury. Participant willingly assumes such health risk or risk of injury, and assumes full responsibility before, during and after participation in the program/activity. Participant releases, waives and forever discharges the City of Markham, and its affiliates, elected officials, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, volunteers and other participants (the “City Indemnitees”) from all liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, actions and other proceedings whatsoever, in respect of death, injury, loss or damage to Participant, or Participant’s property, arising out of any cause whatsoever, either direct or indirect, in connection with Participant’s use of any City of Markham facility or participation in the program/activity.